A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF UK COMPANIES ACT, 2006 AND INDIAN COMPANIES ACT, 2013
Keywords:Corporate Laws, Corporate Social Responsibility, Charges, Directors, Dividend, Meetings, One Person Company
With the ever-changing business environment the way in which business firms are supposed to work also changes. With this changing environment it is in the best interest of the country to keep on incorporating various corporate laws arising in terms of challenges due to changes taking place in corporate arena. In this paper, an attempt is made to bring out the comparative picture of India and United Kingdom with regard to Indian Companies Act, 2013 and UK Companies Act, 2006 respectively. This paper covers the core contents generally associated with the corporate and their compliances. Our research throw some light on the framework of UK Companies Act, 2006 and Indian Companies Act, 2013 and the rapid challenges faced by both the countries in their corporate governance world. Our study also shows that UK law has been slow to move to revise its company law legislation but has learn from the experiences of other countries while Indian Companies Act, 2013 has taken a step ahead towards the rapid changes in the corporate scenario.
• Armour, D. The ICSA company secretary's handbook (2014 ed.). Hemel Hempstead: ICSA Publishing.
• Durie, A. Legal Requirements for CSR Reporting in the United Kingdom, Denmark and Australia. Journal of Australasian Law Teachers Association. 11-27.
• Sharma, N., & Dang, R. (May 2014.). Analyzing Companies Act: A move towards better Governance. IOSR Journal of Business and Management IOSRJBM, 26-32.Bell, W. (2013, November 1). New UK companies act charge registration regime. Retrieved October 9, 2015.
• Tomasic, R. (2013). Company Law Modernisation and Corporate Governance in the United Kingdom. Victoria University Law and Justice Journal VULJ.
• Abhyankar, C. (2015, June 8). New Simplified Process of Incorporation of Company in India. Retrieved October7, 2015. Available athttp://blog.abhyankarcs.com/company-formation-in-india/new-simplified-process-of-incorporation-of-company-in-india/
• Companies Act 2006. Retrieved October 9, 2015, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Companies_Act_2006
• Company Law Club : A Company Law Solutions Company. Retrieved October 8, 2015, from http://www.companylawclub.co.uk/law-on-company-general-meetings
• Company Law Club : A Company Law Solutions Company. Retrieved October 9, 2015, from http://www.companylawclub.co.uk/number-of-directors
• Company meetings. Retrieved October 8, 2015, from http://www.out-law.com/page-8201
• Corporate social responsibility – the UK Corporate Governance Code. Retrieved October 8, 2015, from http://www.out-law.com/page-8221
• Goel, M. (2015, May 17). All About Winding Up of a Company under CA, 2013. Retrieved October 9, 2015. Available at: http://taxguru.in/company-law/winding-company-ca-2013.html
• Goyal, A. (2015, April 3). Creation of Charges under Companies Act, 2013. Retrieved October 8, 2015. Available at: http://taxguru.in/company-law/creation-charges-companies-act-2013.html
• Goyal, C. (2014, August 22). Procedure for Appointment Of Directors – Companies Act, 2013. Retrieved October 9, 2015. Available at: http://taxguru.in/company-law/procedure-appointment-directors-companies-act-2013.html
• Goyal, C. (2015, April 30). All about Minutes Under Section 118 of companies Act 2013. Retrieved October 7, 2015. Available at: http://taxguru.in/company-law/minutes-section-118-companies-act-2013.html
• Kabra, S. (2015, May 27). Entrenchment Clause In Article of Association. Retrieved October 7, 2015. Available at: http://taxguru.in/company-law/entrenchment-clause-article-association.html
• Korchak, J. (2014, January 17). How to register a company: 10 steps to register a new company. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
• Meena, R. (2015). An Article of India Companies Act 2013 Issues And Challenges. Retrieved October 5, 2015. Available at:
• Ministry of Corporate Affairs. Retrieved October 7, 2015, from http://www.mca.gov.in/MCA21/RegisterNewComp.html
• Newman, P. (2013, August 14). Memorandum and articles of association: What's included. Retrieved October 7, 2015 from http://www.informdirect.co.uk/company-records/memorandum-and-articles-of-association-explained/
• Nichola Ross Martin's Tax Consultancy. (2015, October 1). Retrieved October 9, 2015.
• The Companies Act, 2013: The dawn of a new era. (2013, September 2). Retrieved October 7, 2015. Available at http://www.grantthornton.in/assurance-tax-regulatory-framework/the-companies-act-2013-the-dawn-of-a-new-era/
• Verma, V. (2015, September 16). ONE PERSON COMPANY UNDER COMPANIES ACT, 2013. Retrieved October 6, 2015, from https://indiancaselaws.wordpress.com/2015/09/16/one-person-company-under-companies-act-2013/
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 International Education and Research Journal (IERJ)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.